Will Online Learning Work for Me?
You have a job, a life, and responsibilities; but you also have the desire to earn the degree that will qualify you for advanced positions and give you the experience that you need to succeed. Whether you’re choosing your initial career path, advancing your career, or one of those 55% of Americans who are unsatisfied at their current job, online education can empower you to achieve the lifestyle that you desire. Flexible but rigorous, accessible and personal; online education may be the shortest road to your ideal career destination. Arriving at your ideal professional career goal with the help of online learning will take work and perseverance, but the results will be undeniably relevant to you and your career.
Let’s take a moment to look at some factors that can determine the effectiveness of online education for the individual student.
ONLINE LEARNING MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You’re a student interested in earning your first degree while maintaining a demanding job or lifestyle.
- You’re already a professional, have a full time job and responsibilities, but are looking for a way to earn an advanced degree or an additional degree within the framework of your busy schedule.
- You are goal-oriented and self-motivated, and prefer a self-paced learning style.
- You possess excellent time-management skills.
- You’re interested in sharpening your Web skills and a technologically-based approach to higher education appeals to you.
- You’re in need of a first degree or an additional degree in order to advance in a current career or be qualified for a different career.
- You desire the convenience and flexibility that online courses offer: course material accessible 24/7, straightforward, Web-based contact with professors and fellow students, etc.
- Interacting with geographically diverse students and professors appeals to you.
- You dislike or don’t have time for the hassle of a commute, back-and-forth, day-to-day, to a ground school campus.
ONLINE EDUCATION MAY BE CHALLENGING IF:
- You want the “face-to-face” social interaction of a ground school, i.e., seeing your professor and fellow classmates each day or working cooperatively in a social atmosphere.
- You are unsure of your level of self-motivation and may have difficulty completing assignments and studying without a “live” professor looking over your shoulder and breathing down your neck.
- You require a good deal of structure as typically found in a classroom setting, with pre-determined class times, and a concrete daily class schedule.
- You feel you may have inadequate computer based skills, including navigating the internet, interacting via message boards, email, chat forums, computer conferencing, accessing multimedia, etc.
Business school online isn’t for everyone and you need to make the choice that is right for you. An advanced education is an important asset to have if you want to go far in your career – choose the education type that best suits you and your abilities. If you decide that online learning is right for you, University Bound is here to help you find the best online program for your specific needs. Let us help you pinpoint your academic strengths and interests, and start you down the road towards a fulfilling career in the private sector.